Mother Nature sent us a cold, wet spring! WHICH impacts how slowly/quickly our garden grows. We are on track to open sometime in June featuring cool weather crops, Swiss Chard, beets, arugula, spinach, etc. And, as is typical with our growing season, we will start out slow, then as the weather warms up, we will be adding cucumbers, zucchini, corn, green beans, etc.
Oh, and let's not forget COVID 19! (Who would have thought???!!) Washington State considers our Produce Stand an essential business, and we are allowed to open. Early in April, when it became apparent that we're in it for the long haul, we sought safe opening guidance from the Snohomish Health District.
To keep you and your family safe, we are requesting that our customers follow these guidelines:
- One family unit at a time in the stand. If the stand is occupied, please wait in your car for your turn to shop.
- Each person, prior to entering, is required to wear a cloth mask.
- Please limit touching the produce to what you buy. (As much as possible, produce will be pre-packaged for your convenience.)
- We will continue to operate on the Honor System.
- All produce will be harvested/handled/packaged using disposable food grade gloves and a cloth face mask.
- Fresh produce will be UNWASHED, but pre-packaged.
- High touch areas will be sanitized regularly.